Sunday, February 20, 2011

A fine line





Steve Madden
The always fabulous Kate Moss
"Is this too much?"

It all started with a pair of Steve Madden leopard print flats I received as a gift. The obsession began slowly: leopard earrings, a head band, a cardigan, a muscle shirt. Finally leopard print tights showed up in every clothing store in Oslo, along with hats, gloves, purses, even MC Hammer pants. I was like a kid in a leopard print candy store.

It wasn't until I squealed with delight when I spotted a leopard ear headband at my local H&M I realized I had a problem. I bought them only because I decided to be a leopard at my school's carnival (at least that's what I told myself). The fact that all I needed to complete my costume were cat ears only confirmed my addiction. I needed to take a hint from Kate Moss - she is always stunning without ever crossing that fine line from  leopard chic to leopard costume. Maybe head to toe leopard complete with cat eye makeup and ears will satisfy my urge for the fabulous print? At least tone it down a notch or two, so I am looking more femme fatale than feline.



No comments:

Post a Comment