Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Eau De Summer

The infamous Chanel 5

Juicy Couture
Marc Jacobs


Escada

Christian Dior

Chanel
Sarah Jessica Parker
Paris Hilton
Every year I pick out a new fragrance, this is one of my favorite things to do. That smell can bring me back to a lot of special moments, and in a way it sets the tone for each occasion. That is why I like to have a special perfume that I wear on date nights or to parties, and a daily perfume - that I wear, well, daily. Right now my daily perfume is Paris Hilton, yes Paris Hilton and I love it!

Summer 2011 is a special one for me. It marks one year in Norway with challenges beaten and changes ahead. This year I have chosen Gwen Stefani's L.A.M.B. It is a powerful, yet light, floral and citrus scent that lasts all day on your skin. But it is now discontinued...Why? I don't know, because it is fabulous. But thank god for overstock.com!

When choosing your scent - whether it be for special occasions or a daily perfume, make sure it is personal. Perfume smells different on each person and they conform to who you are and become apart of your identity. Just a slight whiff of Sarah Jessica Parker NYC takes me back to last summer when I was moving to Norway and leaving everything I know; Miss Dior Cherie reminds me of my first dates with Michael. Perfumes are better than diaries, better even than pictures. So choose wisely, because it can take you back to that exact moment of pleasure, sorrow  and exhilaration in one light spritz. Close your eyes and indulge in that moment; then you are ready to take on a whole new day.

No comments:

Post a Comment