Sunday, June 24, 2012

Taking the high road







How dare she leave the house like that!?


So, Jessica Simpson is fat. Oh, what is that you say? She was just pregnant! 
I try to write mostly about fashion - at least in an indirect way and this post was originally going to be about how Simpson said she was going to deliver in heels, then I read something on Us Magazine's website about Ms. Jessica taking the "high road"... AGAIN. I feel that this poor woman is always taking the high road. Why are people so mean to Jessica Simpson? 

Now, maybe she fits the "dumb blonde' stereotype a bit too well - there was the whole Chicken of the Sea incident - but that was years ago and hasn't she proven to be some kind of mogul? With perfumes and shoes and hats and bags? I had a friend who wore only Simpson's shoes because they were so great. And Simpson did that VH1 special: The Price of Beauty - which taught about what is viewed as beauty in different parts of the world. Now, if Jen Aniston did this she'd be voted president and given an award. But Simpson only ever gets dogged. She even slimmed down for a hot role in a film, but, still, after all this people are so mean to her. And it seems like for no good reason at all.

I'll admit her belly was huge right off the bat, but isn't it allowed to have something other than a cute baseball bump under your Herve Leger? Come on people! Get real. I understand we are living in a shallow, shallow world and that Hollywood is the kiddie pool, but hasn't it become extremely taboo to call a pregnant woman fat? I guess it was until Jessica Simpson got knocked up.

I held all my rage in throughout her pregnancy wanting to defend her and tell her personally to not worry about all the assholes. But I didn't until Us Magazine posted a picture of her "post baby bod" a few days ago on their website. I made the mistake of reading the comments - and people were actually angry with her for leaving the house like that. She had a baby like 35 seconds ago and she is back in the gym. That is an accomplishment, people. That is hard. I bet her vagina still hurts. Yeah, I said it.

At risk of sounding like Britney Spears' biggest fan I say: be nice to Jessica Simpson simply because there is not a reason to be mean. And it is nice to be nice. And she has an affordable clothing line. And she seems like she is a normal human being - who gains weight when they have a baby, and when they go through a divorce. A normal person who struggles with not eating dessert. A person who can't eat only lettuce (though me and Vicki B. are still BFF - don't get me wrong). And don't you dare tell me you've never asked your boyfriend a dumb question in your pajamas on a Sunday night. Isn't that refreshing and liberating to women? A successful business women, mogul and celebrity who has emotions and a slow metabolism! You'd think we'd be grateful.




No comments:

Post a Comment