Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Winter boots: found??

Boot option

Boot option I'll surely say no to
 My Nine West booties
My winter boots






It took me a month, but I have found my winter boot. They are not ideal, and they sure as hell aren't as fantastic as the Dior boots in my first post, BUT they will do for now. I found and bought them just in time for as I was unpacking my bags the first snow of the year fell, and it was nothing short of amazing- just beautiful, beautiful white covering the world.

I got immediately excited because that meant I got to wear my new boots. I tried on my first "winter outfit": a white dress, a black knit cardigan, gray wool blend tight and of course my boots. I even combed my hair for this faux outing and maybe - maybe not put on another layer of mascara. Looking at myself in the mirror that big stupid grin on my face turned into a big frown. I looked and felt like an idiot... it was a sad, sad time.

My boots, I thought made me look dumpy and I can't remember ever wearing that much clothes. Ever. Everyone said I looked fine, but being used to ballet flats, wedges and flip flops (and not to mention the fantastic hot sun) I began to resent the boot wearing season. Luckily a package came from the US of A carrying my three favorite things: books, Starbucks and shoes. My boyfriend bought and packed up the Nine West booties I'd been longing for, and they almost revived my love for the boot wearing season. Almost. Just as long as I don't fall on a patch of cold, harsh ice when wearing them.

1 comment:

  1. WOW!! the Nine West booties is amazing!!!! oi..! var de dyre? de ser ut som noe man kan se i amerikanske eller egentlig hvilke som helst motemagasiner..superfine! :)

    ReplyDelete