Saturday, January 14, 2012

Happiness is Award Season

Miley Cyrus in David Koma

Emma Stone in Gucci

Leah Michelle in Marchesa

Evan Rachel Wood in Valentino

Shailene Woods in Calvin Klein

Diane Kruger in Prada

Jessica Chastain in Balenciaga



Award season begins in January and ends in March with the Academy Awards. I love this time of year. Not because I am a film or actor enthusiast, but because I like looking at all the pretty dresses (and ugly ones). I get embarrassingly excited for the red carpet of all the award shows.

The first of the bigger award shows of the season was the People's Choice Awards - where I was disappointed with many of the fashion choices, but my judgmental side got a little treat. I did, however, love Miley Cyrus' look in David Koma. I was even okay with her neon Jimmy Choo stilettos. For  a young former Disney Channel star who may or may not be addicted to salvia I thought they were surprisingly appropriate. Leah Michelle was one of my favorites in Marchesa. I loved the flapper style of her gown and paired with her  glittery Choo heels and long hair it was perfection. And Emma Stone looked cool as always in a Gucci pant suit carrying a Tiffany clutch. Sigh.

A bigger treat for my eyes was the Critics Choice Award. I loved many of the dresses that were flaunted on the red carpet... or should I say grey? I am a big fan of sleek, clean and simple. I will choose class over sparkle any day. And that is exactly what I loved about Jessica Chastain's pink gown by Balenciaga. The dress looked amazing against her pale skin and red hair and the cut was flattering on her slim frame. Diane Kruger was a shoe in to be on my best dressed list just by the colors of her Prada gown. Yellow and grey has to be one of my favorite color combinations and the actual style of the dress wasn't bad either.

This is just the beginning. Tomorrow is the Golden Globes - where the stars of the small and big screen come together; and if the past shows are any evidence we will get to see a variation of gowns, cocktail dresses and some sexy pantsuits - ooo I can't wait!




Photos via Usmagazine.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment