Sunday, January 1, 2012

Jeffrey who?






To my shock and awe I found out that Jeffrey Campbell is a Californian. I could have sworn with his shoe design overtaking the streets of Oslo he had to at least, be European. This year (or I should say this last year. Happy, happy new year!) I have seen Oslo fashionistas of all shapes and sizes and various capability to walk in these high, high, heeled shoes all over town. 

With a price tag of 1300 nok or above (around a couple hundred dollars) and icy sidewalks I was surprised at the frequency of which I saw these designs. And these shoes do stick out. They are extremely unique in shape and design. I have not yet decided if I like these shoes. I know I will not be buying any. I am not brave enough to walk out and about on Oslo's cobblestone icy streets in one of Campbell's designs. I can see myself now: There I am running to catch the bus. There I am falling on the ground. There I am laying on the ground as the bus drives away. And there I am with a lot more than just a bruised ego.

I do admire his brave design, and color combination. The thick and different heel shapes are interesting and the different patterns and colors are exciting. I see glam rock sophistication. They have yet to win me over. But, I am sure they will, if not already, win over every fan of New York Dolls from Oslo to California.

No comments:

Post a Comment